Everyone knows the current hype about the red Ferrari that crashed into a blue Comfort taxi along Bugis Junction on May 13 during the wee hours.
Ironically & unfortunately – Mothers’ Day. 😦
Now, if you’re a foreigner and reading this; the reason for the hype is not being oh-so-safe-Singapore has a traffic accident.
Traffic accidents in Singapore happen practically all the time! Why do you think our highways are always jammed?
If you tune in to the morning radio shows, they’d always be saying, “Accident on the ECP… PIE….”. Heck, our taxis have been having the knack of catching fire lately even.
The real reason of the hype is because – everyone is angry over the kind of information the media is giving the people.
On a neutral note; everyone shouldn’t be so naive as to think that the media will always give you the 100% truth. C’mon! Even if it wasn’t purposely altered facts; everything is more or less subject to perception as well.
So here’s a run-through of everything that happened. For the sake of everyone, I shall try to use as much neutral descriptions as possible. All info from newspapers and online news sites.
- An accident occurred between a total of 3 parties that day – a Red Ferrari (1 driver, 1 passenger), a blue Comfort taxi (1 driver, 1 passenger) and a motorcyclist (1 rider).
- By the time medias like The Straits Times released the story, other sites like Temasek Times and STOMP also came up with articles that gave more insight to the happenings of the case.
- The Straits Times; as felt by the people, didn’t give an appropriate form of understanding to the readers about the driver, a China national – making him seem more like a victim of an accident, rather than the criminal.
- What angers the people even more is that the other supposedly ‘real’ victims were not given so much attention, instead were just cast aside.
- Those who didn’t survive: driver of Red Ferrari, blue Comfort taxi driver and passenger.
- On the side note, one should also understand that currently Singaporeans are having a relationship filled with a lot of tension with foreigners working in Singapore – particularly the Chinese nationals.
or the motorcyclist who is suffering bad injuries too;
or (albeit she’s supposedly on the evil side) the other passenger with the red Ferrari driver?
Ferrari crash claims 3rd victim as taxi driver dies
Singaporean cabby Cheng Teck Hock whose taxi was rammed by Ferrari has passed away from his injuries
If you ask me – the real victims of this accident were everyone except for that red Ferrari driver.
The scarred family of the taxi driver. Lets not forget he was the sole breadwinner of his family.
And of course the Japanese passenger.
And the pregnant wife and young child of the red Ferrari guy. Imagine, it is already a bad enough shock that your husband is dead. But having that speculation that he died while he was with (possibly) his mistress? You can say that men are bound to stray – but she’s pregnant for God’s sake! Can’t he keep his weenie in for lesser than a year? Just for the sake of basic morals?
I guess nothing much can be done at this point, but to help the families of the victims as much as we can. Because at the rate things are going – I sure as hell don’t think the government would stand in.