Everyone’s talking about it; everyone wants one – are you thinking of buying your own SecretLab chair too? 😁
You have to admit – it’s pretty tempting, isn’t it? 😏
Heck, otherwise you won’t even be reading this. Hehe!
For me, having a SecretLab chair was always regarded as a ‘good-to-have’ item. And while I often fantasized about having one, I never had enough reason/conviction in me to actually purchase one…
So, what happened?
COVID, loh. 😞
Before COVID, I barely spent any time on chairs at home. I’m mostly either lounging away on the sofa or snoring away on my bed. My weekly average butt-to-chair time was pretty negligible; definitely not valued higher than >S$500. 😂
Why? Because my highest butt-to-chair time was spent in the office.
Now with COVID, my home is my office! And my furkids have become my co-workers.
It’s a catty work culture, not a fan.
But the worst part was, my butt and back was killing me because of my co-worker…
So then I decided for my birthday present to myself in the unprecedented year of 2020, I’ll finally gift myself my very own SecretLab chair.
Was my SecretLab chair worth it?
Yes! I have zero regrets buying this for myself. 🥰 (Goes in line with my attempt to do more self-love after an abusive 2019)
Overall, here’s the structure of questions that I went through before I actually finalised my purchase:
- Am I looking for a quick-fix for this WFH arrangement, or a long-term investment?
Answer was, I wanted to invest in the happiness of my butt.
- Just how badly do I
wantneed a comfortable chair?
Using that as a gauge to how much I’m willing to spend on one (AKA budget).
- What are the options that fall into my budget?
Did online research, asked a bunch of close friends, hunted for sales etc.
I think if you’re able to give yourself satisfactory answers to these questions too, then you’re much less likely to regret any purchase decision.
So why do I love my SecretLab chair?
- I can actually sit more comfortably for much, much longer. 😌😌 But isn’t overly comfy that I feel lazy while doing work.
- Feel happy just seeing a design that I like! 😁
(Reduces the level of sian-ness that my home is now also my office. They have a few variations you can pick from.)
- Extended warranty that came with posting a picture of my chair on social media
(great work to their marketing team 👍)
- Singaporean company~~ ❤️ #supportlocal
Situation with the co-worker hasn’t changed much though.
Well, at least one thing we know for certain…
The comfort of SecretLab chair transcends the human species, apparently.
Personally I love my SecretLab chair, and it’s honestly quite reasonably-priced for what you’re getting.
Some things to look out for though:
- It’s not super space-saving, especially so if you order the larger sizes
- You need to top up S$30 for assembly services if you don’t want to fix it up yourself
- Visitors seem to love touching/sampling it (haha); people living with you might attempt to steal it (I had to chase M away several times)
Hope this post helps your purchasing decision in whatever way and may your butt & back be well-supported, whichever product you choose! 🤗